Friday, February 26, 2010

raccoon afternoon

I spent the better half of my afternoon attempting to scale a tree with my boyfriend--he the agile flying squirrel, me the scared raccoon. Ropes and trepidation in place, I eventually made it to the top (though my boyfriend's toenails probably grew visible lengths in the time it took me to get there). Unlike him, I found great comfort in hugging the tree, which clearly only inhibited my ascent. But then, any number of my friends could have told you I'm a tree hugger. (Incidentally, it should be noted that I've yet to chain myself across a booming oak to prevent it's demise. Not that it's unlikely.)


Despite my gradual adaption to tree clambering, I have lofty hopes that next time I'll be more squirrel-like (and that maybe my boyfriend won't find his toenails in need of trimming when his feet touch ground again).

No comments:

Post a Comment