Wednesday, March 3, 2010

pendulum swings

My last post featured a photo of me up a tree and the story of how I found myself in a place I would otherwise assign to squirrels, raccoons and other woodland creatures. (See...I am not a woodland creature.) Despite my visible apprehension about inch-worming my way 50 feet up a backyard tree, I've now swung (Tarzan & Jane style) to the other side of the pendulum and set my sights on new heights. In short:


I desperately want to be one of the suspended silhouettes in this poster. This new dream is the result of my inquiring of an every-day climber "How exactly do you sleep 60 feet up?" (He had suggested the prospect of such elemental slumber on a future camping trip.) So now, a mere week after anxiously making my first barky ascent, I'm fantasizing of dreaming inside a hanging canopy, sublimely suspended mid-air from the middle of a sturdy branch.

Sweet dreams!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow. I think that would be so much fun. You must let me know all about it if you ever get the chance to do it!

    ReplyDelete