Friday, April 2, 2010

berry bars


One of my dearest friends celebrated another year this past Tuesday. She & I have been friends since our families moved to the same town when we were 6 years old (almost 18 years ago). Together we survived liking the same boy in elementary school, the drama of freshman year in high school (and the next 3 years), a trip to Spain, nearly killing each other as roommates our first year of college but caring enough to split and save the friendship, taking a whirlwind tour of 8 European countries in 28 days, and the list goes on. These days, adulthood has meant we don't see each other as often as we'd like, but we're still close and, when we do see each other, we just pick up right where we left off. Good friendships are like that. So are desserts. You can put the fork down and trust that when you return, it will be just as sweet as it was before.

These are berry bars, and they're delicious. (Yes. I tried them. I've accepted the fact that I simply can't bake and not taste. It's impossible.)




2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that your friendship survived that first semester of dormitory stress, Britni! And you're both just about as sweet as those bars look ;) I could go for one of those right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yummy. You must make them again sometime for me to try!

    ReplyDelete