Saturday, January 9, 2010

birthday bon appetit


My dear friend Eyren turned 24 yesterday. In celebration, I baked her a dozen pumpkin walnut muffins. And by what I think is inspiration from watching "Julie & Julia" last week, I've decided to take up the art of culinary gift-giving for all birthdays this year. So if you're reading this and we're close enough friends that I would normally buy you something when you turn another year older, expect to receive something edible this time around.

My caveat | In recent months, I've been practicing my cooking skills more than ever before. But in some cases, you might consider this your warning.

2 comments:

  1. October can't come soon enough.

    Can I just pretend my birthday is earlier in the year? Like, next week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Feel free. I just don't promise any culinary benevolence on my part. Not until October. :)

    ReplyDelete