Thursday, December 24, 2009

love is a wet nose

My dog (the one in the top right corner) has the special gift of habitual behavior. (Don't we all?) His routine goes something like this: pay a visit to his water bowl then run directly to me (or George or any of his favorite humans) and strategically place a sopping-wet muzzle in my lap (and on occasion, my keyboard). He's mastered the art of a wet-nose greeting. I like to think he does this because he loves me. (Or at least because he selfishly wants my attention...because he loves me.) Maybe I'm being optimistic. Either way, I love dogs' faces. Nothing else quite says "I love you" as much (wet or dry).

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I know just how that goes. I had a wet lap for a long time yesterday because Miles decided he wanted to come say hello after taking a huge sloppy drink of water. Ah, puppy love:)

    ReplyDelete