Friday, December 25, 2009

digging my heels into history: men are like shoes


I considered it an epiphany when, back in college, I came to the realization that the two things a woman loves (and that can frequently lead to her downfall)--that is, men and shoes--could be combined into one glorious classification system. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense: Men are like shoes. (Granted, probably not like the ones pictured above.)

The stiletto | they hurt, but you tolerate them because they're cute

The running shoe | comfortable & great when you just want to play

The knee-high boot | sexy & hot, but if you have too many, you look like a hooker

The flip-flop | fun & simple, but only good for the summer

The pump| classy & sophisticated, but you've got to kick 'em off before dancing or having fun

The slipper | always the perfect fit, they go great with sweat pants & a t-shirt, they're what you cozy up by the fire with, and they make you feel warm & fuzzy inside

Back then, my ending sentiment was "So where are my slippers?" These days, I'm happy to say I've found them.


[Photo of those Roger Vivier £30,000 (or $47,886 USD) couture heels thanks to shoeblog.]

2 comments: